Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Friday

A Minor Face Lift


I saw this great piece at the thrift store for $10.  The top was pretty beat up.  I thought it was too much and left it behind. But during the week, I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I loved the geometric look of it. As I was sewing during the week, I thought it would be the perfect place to store my sewing machine.  So I drove back to the thrift store 5 days later a little anxious that it wouldn't be there.  But it was!!  And they sold to me for $7!!

I sanded it, primed it and gave it two coats of black satin paint.  
Stopped to admire the shadows it cast.

After it dried completely (which is sooooo hard for me to do... waiting for paint to dry), I Mod Podged it and applied one of my new favorite fabrics I just received.  I'm new to the whole "modge podge" thing.  So new that I didn't know I've been mispronouncing it all of these years! :o)  I really liked smoothing out all of the bubbles and wrinkles with a terry cloth covered sponge.


I covered it with 2 more coats of modge podge and VOILA!  Super quick face lift!  There wasn't much to do in the first place... she was adorable to begin with. 
 
 
Oh... by the way... it's finally here!!! My 100th post will be tomorrow!! I'm so excited to share some things I've learned, areas I've grown in AND... have a fun GIVEAWAY!!!  
Here's a hint... if you enjoy blogging and decorating, come back and check it out!!





2 comments:

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I'm glad you went back for it- I love the design on the sides! Also, that fabric is too cute!!

Lynn said...

Okay - that is so cute. I think the fabric makes it!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio