Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Sunday

DIY Tutorial: Changing the Face of a Clock

I picked up these two clocks yesterday and did a quick transformation on one. 
The other one still looks like this.
The arms slipped off when I tried to take out its insides.
I might have broken it.  It was only $1.50 so I'm not stressin.
I would really like to figure how to pop the insides out of the clock though.
This is how I changed the face of the other clock. 
I took everything apart because I wanted the inside and outside to be black.
I painted both sides of the exterior pieces. 
I removed the face of the clock and used it as a template to trace a prettier background paper. 
Using my light box, I copied the ticks onto a thinner piece of paper. 
(If you don't have a light box you can do this during the sunniest part of the day, 
just hold the papers up against your window and trace away!)
I did this so that the light would shine through both pieces of paper. 
Using the light box, I put the new face on top of the paper I just traced and placed adhesive backed pearls onto each of the ticks. 
Then I put it all back together.  
I love the new look!
I'm participating in Met Monday, Get Your Craft On, Kimba's DIY Day, and Frugal Friday.  Hop on over to see some amazing transformations.

30 comments:

Roeshel said...

Beautiful! I love the transformation. I am definitely going to keep my eyes open for an old clock. Thanks for the inspiration!

Roeshel

Terry said...

I'm really amazed. When I started reading, the post I had no idea where you were headed.

Shanty 2 Chic said...

Love this! It turned out beautiful!!!
~Whitney

Brittany said...

great job!! i love clocks, i have them all over my house!! i should try something like this.
i host a Goodwill party every Wednesday. stop by and join in!!

Sarah said...

Very clever and creative! I love clocks around the house. The tick-tock of a clock is so comforting to me. I have an old clock out in the garage that I need to think of something clever to do with. You've inspired me! ~ Sarah

Nori said...

Thanks all for leaving me your gifts... of comments! :)

I keep finding myself in one room and then running to another room just to find out what time is, so I finally decided to add some clocks to my home. :) Silly me! They are so fun and easy to transform, so you might see a lot more added to my home.

Terry- I think you are the first guy to leave me a comment! Thanks for doing that! Your comment totally made me laugh!

Rainy Day Farm said...

Oh, what a fun thing to do to dress up an old clock. I would never have thought of that. I just love all the creative ladies out in blog land, it is so inspiring!
Thanks for stopping by and dropping me a line!

Fifi Flowers said...

WOW... that is a great redo!

Michelle said...

WOW..Love the new clock! Can't believe how different it looks and so much better!

Michelle@Spend-a-Buck

Wendy said...

That's really amazing! Great job!

Britt said...

That is too cool! I love the paper you chose for the face and the pearl details. It looks amazing!

deb said...

OMG! Amazing! Very very pretty!
*hugs*deb

Unknown said...

I love this, Nori! I have an old clock that I was stumped on... thanks for the inspiration! :)

stephanie h said...

Oh, I love clocks! Thanks for the idea!

tlc said...

You are so amazing!

Andréann said...

this is so delicate!
I went "oh!" out loud!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Beautiful transformation! I love the idea and the face you chose is just perfect. Thanks for sharing the process.

susan said...

I love those pearls! What a great idea. I'd keep it out even it didn't keep time--too pretty not to! Very creative!

Jane said...

What a great idea. You totally transformed that clock! Love it.

Julie said...

wow it turned out great...I am having a give a way over at my place hope you can stop over...
xoxo
Julie

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks just stunning now! Such a clever idea, I love it!

Nicole A. said...

Oh that is so cute! What a great makeover, I love it! Great Job!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

OH yes! Much better.

Leanne said...

That looks amazing! I love it too. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

That is a beautiful transformation!

Amber B. said...

Wow! So creative! I love the new look--love the pearls.

erin said...

Gorgeous!

Barbara Jean said...

That is a great clock. thanks for the 'inside' look at how to do it.

blessings

barbara jean

Proper Prim said...

I am a clock-aholic... I love what you did to this... I just bought a similar clock and guess what I am going to do... thanks so much for the inspiration.

Proper Prim said...

Nori... I put this tutorial on my blog linked back to you... I just had to share this great idea with my friends... it was too good to go un-noticed. This is the best idea I have seen in such a long time...

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio