Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Friday

Tutorial: Glitter Balls


I saw this project when I watched Martha Stewart's Christmas show.  These glitter balls are so expensive to purchase in stores, but they are so cheap and fun to make at home.

These are all of the supplies that are needed.

Make a glue mixture with 2 parts glue to 1 part water. 
Blow up a balloon and take the string and tie a knot UNDER the knot in the balloon.

Spray a little Pam on the balloon so that the string won't stick to the balloon.

Put a little glue on the bottom tip of the balloon to help keep the string in place.

Wrap the string around the balloon and then paint glue over all of the string. 

Hang the balloon up to dry completely for a few hours or overnight. 

Once the string has dried completely, pop the balloon and remove. (this is the fun part) :o)  Sorry about my voice, I've been fighting a cold all week.


Using the glue mixture, lightly paint it over the strings.

Sprinkle glitter all over the string ball and then hang it to dry.

These are so simple and fun to make and can be used to fill up a pretty bowl or to hang on the tree!

 I'm linking to Saturday Night Special.


 **Check out my fabric giveaway HERE**

9 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

These are great1!
Thanks Nori!

Have a Blessed Christmas.

barbara jean

Funky Junk Interiors said...

So pretty! Cool tutorial too! I've actually never seen them before. The balloon is a pretty smooth trick!

Thanks for linking up!

FJ Donna

Gina Sisco said...

Amazingly cute. I used to make easter eggs this way, never would have thought about glittery Christmas ornaments!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

These are fabulous! Thanks for the tutorial! Happy Holidays!

littlethings1 said...

Very pretty & easy !! Sparkle is a good thing !

Jane said...

These are great! Easy, inexpensive and beautiful...my kind of project. Thanks for the tutorial.
Jane

Anonymous said...

This is such a neat idea. Thanks for sharing.

Nela said...

Thanks for sharing, it's beautiful!

Unknown said...

That is so cute!! Great job! I am not sure how I got to your blog but I am so glad I did. You have some great tutorials!

Have a blessed day!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio