Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Monday

Tutorial: How to Make a Rosette


I'm sewing several bag gift sets right now.  When I get tired of making bags and need to switch it up I've been making FLOWERS!!  Rosettes (Betz White inspired), peonies, and mums. They're so fun to put on a pin or a clippy. 

 
To make the leaves cut out several sizes and shapes of leaves.  I really liked the look of the non-uniform leaves.


Sew them down the middle. 

Pinch the bottom in half and then sew them at a diagonal.  This gives the leaves a nice little curl.


Snip them apart and the leaves are ready.  I liked positioning them by pinning them together before adding the flower. 

To make the flowers, cut a circle.  You don't have to worry about cutting a perfect circle.  It think they look better when they're not perfect. 

Cut the circle into a swirl.  Vary the width of the cut all the way to the center.  Having thick and thin parts gives your flower more depth. 

Lots o flowers!!

 Starting outside and working your way in, start rolling the flower. 

When you get to the end, fold the circle portion back on to the flower and glue. 
 
  
Look at all of the yummy flower goodness!!!



And the last step... hot glue the flower on to your leaves. 
 
And here it is in my hair... so fun!!  :o)


**Enter my fabric giveaway HERE**

6 comments:

Proper Prim said...

Nori you amaze me... is there anything that you touch that just doesn't come out gorgeous... I love these... would look fab on the side of a hat or headband... the uses are endless... fantastic job and your tutorial is so easy to follow... thanks for sharing.

Hugs Deb

Remodelaholic said...

I love this idea! I will have to make some for my daughter and myself. It is always fun to find a new blog. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I really appreciate it!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

Those are so sweet. I love the idea of using one as a hair clip!

Rosette said...

Bonjour,
c'est une idée super, bravo.

Melissa said...

These are adorable, and your tutorial is so simple. I made over a hundred for this post here. Thanks so much for sharing!

Jessica said...

This is so easy and adorable!!! My house is covered in these cute little rosettes after this morning! Great idea!

Thank you so much for sharing

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio