Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Friday

It's All About the Packaging

Have you noticed how packaging makes an incredible impact on the gift?  It makes the anticipation of opening a gift even more unbearable.  It makes a home baked treat taste even yummier.  It makes something simple seem like it's worth a million bucks.  Heck, it even makes giving a gift more fun.

I am really enjoying wrapping gifts this season.  That's saying a lot for me.  If you knew me, you'd know that I usually use whatever roll of paper I have on hand to quickly wrap a gift and then slap a generic plastic bow on top.

This year I've made a point of purchasing classic solid wrapping papers and wired ribbons that will span the seasons and occasions. I'm finding that the simpler the paper and ribbon are, the more classy they can look with a couple of embellishments. On a side note, I have to say that I have a roll of wrapping paper that I picked up from Costco.  It has red and white diagonal candy cane stripes on one side and ice skates on the other side.  It seemed pretty enough at the time, but after 5+ years of seeing it... I really dislike it and just seeing it makes me not look forward to wrapping. After this revelation, I'm definitely donating it to my local thrift store. I've got to get those bad wrapping vibes outta my house. {grin}

I made these cookies today and wrapped them up and now I'm squealing with delight!

 
I think it would be so much cuter with red and white bakers twine... Now I'm kicking myself for not breaking down and buying some. 
 
I always worry about giving cookies away when I don't know if people have food allergies, so this time I made a little label so they know exactly what they're eating.


Earlier this week I gave my co-workers their gifts (Coffee cozies, Starbucks gift cards and a can 'o cookies). One of the girls was so cute, I talked to her a day after I gave her the gifts and she still hadn't opened them because she thought it was too pretty.  Don't cha just love friends like that?  They make gift giving fun. :o)  

 
I should have taken a picture of all of the cozies I made... I made them in all different colors to match their personalities. 
 
I hope that you all are enjoying this season of giving (and being with those you love)... it doesn't matter how big or small the gift is... it's the love and thought you put into it that counts. :o)

Blessings,
Nori

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to agree with you when you say it's all about the packaging. A plate of food tastes so much better when displayed on your dish like a work of art. You did a lovely job displaying. So glad I have you on one of my blog lists for easy access to get great ideas! Come check out my Sterling Silver Set Post and leave a comment; you'll be glad you did and I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

So very pretty! I'm sitting here staring at how you did the cookies. So simple yet amazing!!

I truely admire a beautifully wrapped gift. I totally need a binder and a million pictures to make this work for me. I just can't seem to think of this stuff on my own. Bravo that you can!

Donna

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio