Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Monday

Small Transformation-- Book Holders

I'm on this slow process of organizing my craft closet.  The goal is to bring it all out into the dining/living room because that's where I do most of my work.  I had a slight set back this week.  I purchased an entertainment system that was going to become my craft station.  It was perfect.  I painted it, distressed it, made some slight changes to it, and... it wouldn't fit through my entryway.  Are you serious??? I was so bummed.  I still am.  I'm trying to figure out Plan B for my craft station.  I think I'll have to find 2 or 3 smaller pieces that match somewhat to fill a wall.  Wish me luck.


I had to do something to make my craft closet look prettier and make me feel better. So I chose to work on my book holders. I love how they organize my magazines, but I hate how they look. 

So with a little modge podge, scrapbook paper, and hardware they now look like this:

A quick side note... I'm SOOOOOO glad I put down my work paper.  I spilled modge podge allll over the place.

I'm linking up to Met Monday and DIY Day


*Remember to enter my giveaway for $10 Starbucks gift card and coffee cozy HERE*

8 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love the book holders, they look so professionally done, thank you so much for sharing them...

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oooh, I love it! The hardware and everything! Can I ask what font you used for your labels ~ I like it.

Nori said...

Thanks for stopping by!
Kathy, I used Papyrus for the font.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Dang girl...they look soooo much better...luv what you did here...thanks for sharing with us!

Blessings,
Linda

nannykim/spindle cottage said...

Nice improvement!!

Annikke said...

I love the way those turned out! They are sooooo pretty!

I cracked up at that last picture - only a true blogger doesn't stop to clean up the mess, but instead grabs the camera so that she can blog about her spill!! Hee hee

Nori said...

Omgoodness Annikke! I blushed and totally busted up laughing when I read your comment!! Thanks for the laugh!

Proper Prim said...

Oh that is so cute... so much nicer to sit in a pretty chair all day... maybe I should take me work chair home and give it a facelift...

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio