Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Monday

I have "problums"

Oh. My. Goodness. Do they have a Thrift Store Annonymous group out there? If so, I need to go. Goodwill is on my way home from work. That's a "problum" (that's how I say it). :) I thought perhaps after the weekend someone might have dropped off a bookcase so I just had to check. ;)
And this is what I found...
I found this great little storage unit for $14.99. I think it'll end up in my office. This will be so much fun to work on. I think I'll even bust out the $5 can of mistint that I picked up recently and paint it. Yaaaay can't wait.

This next one I really debated on. For $7.99 I couldn't justify it even with these little jewels in it. But then I took it up to the counter to see if it was $7.99 with all of the tools included. The sales lady looked at it and said that it's $3.99 and someone put the wrong sticker on it. Ok then... if you really twist my arm... I'm taking it!


The sales lady was putting clothes back on the hanger and I saw this cute little sweater for $4.49. Once I tried it on, everyone in line said it looked cute on. Twist my arm again... Ugggh. I'll take it.


I have a question. Since I'm kind of new to all of this, when is the best day and time of day to thrift shop? When I spoke to a salesman, he said that Saturdays are really busy because there are a lot of drop offs that day. He said if they get good quality furniture, they'll put it out right away. So is the best time in the afternoon- after all the yard sales are done? Like 4 or 5 in the afternoon? I'm just curious about what you think. Your thoughts might help me not go there every day just to conduct my own little experiment. ;)

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

OH my goodness. . . I think I need to join thrift shoppers anonymous too. I can't believe that cute little cabinet and the toolbox! Great finds!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio