Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Tuesday

Here's a Tip Tuesday: The 3 R's: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle


Have you heard Jack Johnson's song The 3 R's?  It's a happy song that talks about different ways to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.  It's really a song for kids, but I love it.  What can I say?  I'm a kid at heart. :o)   
Here he is in Hawaii with Dave Matthews.  I just love guitars, so I LOVE this pairing!  Enjoy!


Speaking of the 3 R's, this weekend I stopped by a local pastry shop and picked up some yummy treats. Here's a shot of SOME of them.  Sorry.  I didn't bring my camera on this trip and I couldn't wait to dig in.
After I polished off my treats, I washed the container, traced a template of the box on to a piece of scrapbook paper, cut it out and placed it in the box.  Then I adorned it with a ribbon and dropped it off at my friend's house.  I HAVE to get rid of my baked goods as soon as I can or else they'll all end up in my belly.
I like the after. It makes me smile.  Yellow is my new favorite color.


I tried out a new recipe for this one. Alton Brown's chocolate chip cookies.  I was curious about it because it calls for melted butter and I've never tried that before.  The result was a light fluffy cookie and I could really taste the butter.  Yum!

**Check out my 100th post and giveaway HERE**

Alton Brown's Chocolate Chip Cookie:
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
Pour the melted butter in the mixer’s work bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, yolk, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Chill the dough, then scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet. Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

Proper Prim said...

Oh Nori... you are making me quiver... those cookies look so good... my favourites... the last time I baked cookies you could have used them as hockey pucks... you see kitchen utensils and appliance make me sweat... I just am not disiplined enough to follow a recipe and I found out many years ago baking is not for the faint of heart... put a piece of wood and a tool in my hand and I am a happy girl... no pots for this girl.

I left a nice little surprise on my blog for you... pop by when you get a minute.

Hugs Deb

Sandy - The Mommys Place said...

I did something similar at my site, we were both thinking about the same lines. visit when you get a chance.

I enjoy recycling when I am able to :-)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio