Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Sunday

Do You Know Someone Who Needs Encouragement?

Ever since the new year, my heart has been really heavy.  I've been thinking a lot about the people I know and the stories I've read of unemployment, foreclosures, and our nation's bleak economic future. I've wanted to work on new projects, but I just didn't have the motivation.  I just felt like I was supposed to do something else, but I just couldn't figure out what it was.


I am so blessed by all that I have.  No, I don't make the money I once did, but God has provided for my every need. I'm so grateful to have a roof over my head, a job, food in my cupboards, and people who I love and I am loved by. Although I am so blessed and fortunate, I know that there are many people out there who are not feeling the same way.  There are many people who are anxious about a lot of things. These friends, acquaintances, and unknown others have been on my heart and in my prayers daily.  But even as I prayed for them, I felt inadequate and I wanted to do more.  I kept praying that God would show me what I could do.  


When I prayed, I kept seeing a heart.  This week God showed me what I am supposed to do with that heart. 
you are loved
you are blessed
i have perfect plans for you
All of the hearts are made of felt and have a statement printed on a ribbon that correlates with a Bible verse.  I sewed on a vintage button and filled the heart with organic lavender (since lavender is supposed to have a calming effect). 
I wanted the heart to fill the recipients' senses in multiple ways so that it can be a constant encouragement and reminder of God's promises.  


I need your help.  Do you know someone who needs encouragement?


I know of some people who I'd like to give this to, but there are many other people out there who I'd like to send a heart to.  I don't know them and I probably never will, but I'd love to bless them if I could.  


All I need from you is their name and address.  I won't keep their information and it won't cost you anything.  If you'd like, you can include your name and I will indicate that you were thinking of them too. :o)


I'm calling this project... Hearts In Prayer.  I want to join together and pray for those we know and love that need a little boost. 


The heart will go out with a verse... it will look like this:
So if you know someone who could use a little encouragement, please email me (noribean@hotmail.com) the following:
  1. The recipient's first and last name
  2. The recipient's address
  3. Your first name (if you'd like it included)  It will read: "Your Name wants you to know that you are loved and prayed for."
  4. If you know what they're going through and think a specific "theme" is more appropriate for the recipient, please let me know. If not, I'll send out whichever one is on my heart.  You can indicate 1) Loved 2) Blessed 3) Perfect Plans
I'm not sure how long I'll do this for... probably as long as I have the supplies.  We'll see how God leads me. :o)

Thanks for your help!!!  Feel free to spread the word.
Blessings to you,
~ Nori


I'm linking to Make Your Monday :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are amazing!

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

I love this. What an amazing idea. I hear you about having a heavy heart. This is such a wonderful gift to give someone. You are special!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio