Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Saturday

Garage Sales & Goodwill Finds

Today I was on the hunt for a bookcase, but it just doesn't seem like anyone wants to part with those. I was really happy with my finds though.
The first garage sale I stopped by I bought these two trays for 50 cents a piece.
At first, I thought I would make them into a chalkboard tray. Then, as I walked to my car I turned over the bigger tray and saw a Wallace insignia and a $43 price tag on it. SCORE! I promise not to put paint on it. Instead I will research natural silver polishers.

Next I headed over to a Pop Warner rummage sale. I found this matching set for $1 that I might leave as is or paint and put some craft supplies in. I also found this little chest. I'm not sure where I'll put it, but it was too cute to pass up. And for $1, who could pass it up?

Lastly, I stopped by Goodwill to drop off a box full of donations and to browse the store. I found this precious teacup. I love pink and I have a small collection of teacups so it was perfect. At $4.99 it was a little more then I wanted to spend but it was English Castle bone china... not that I really know what that means, but it sounded good! hee hee I'm going to go on to Ebay and see if I can find something similar and find out if I was ripped off or got a good deal. It's really cute, so I'm happy either way. I also found this little glass dome cover that I see all over blogland. I don't have one and I wasn't really sure if I should get it because I don't know what I'll put it on or what I'll put in it. But what the heck? It was $1.99, I'll give it a try!

Ok... this next one I'm REALLY happy about. I stood there hmmmm haaaaa'ing over it and finally decided to get it. I LUB this frame!!! It's HUGE. It's 51"x26". Huge right??? It's actually an ok painting. I have a Thomas Kincade painting that it kind of goes with. It has a metal plate at the bottom with the artist's name, Erich Schramm. I googled the name while I was at Goodwill and didn't find anything. I'm not sure if I should just repaint the frame and keep the picture or paint over it. I feel horrible even saying that I'm thinking of painting over it. I was an art minor in college so I feel like it's sacrilegious. Anyway it was $9.99 and today blue tags were 50% off. $5.00!!! Woooohooooo!!! I'm bummed for the artist though. How sad would that be to go into Goodwill and find your masterpiece stuck between all those other prints?


Ok, now that I think of it, I'm kind of embarrassed that I took all of my pictures on my steps. I know my carpet is dirty. In fact, the carpet guy is here, as I speak, cleaning it. I'm SOO excited for two reasons. One- this company uses eco-friendly cleaner Two- since I can't walk around in the house it gives me time to stay down in the garage working on a few pieces.

I'm finally participating in my first blog roll. I think that's what you call it. Check out other people's finds on Southern Hospitality's link here.

See my other finds and my thrifting question here.

1 comment:

The Little Red Shop said...

What fun! Does the glass dome fit on one of your cute new trays? You could combine them and display something inside that has special meaning for you.

: )

Julie M.

ps I love the little trio of red striped pieces...did you say you might paint over them???

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio