Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Sunday

My house smells yummy!!!




I've been baking all day yesterday and today and my house is filled with the smell of yummy baked goods. My mom shared with me that my dad loves Mexican Wedding Cakes, so I decided to bake some for his stocking stuffer and for my co-workers.








I made nuts to put in my jars and oh my goodness, they smell amazing!!!




Here's the recipe:




Spiced Nut Mix




3 egg whites


2 tsp water

2 cans (12 oz each) salted peanuts

1 cup whole blanched almonds

1 cup walnute halves

1-3/4 cups sugar

3 Tbs pumpkin pie spice (I make my own)

3/4 tsp salt

1 cup raisins (I omitted this & added more nuts instead)


In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites & water until foamy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine the sugar, pie spice and salt; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat. fold in raisins. Spread into 2 greased 15 in x10 in x1 in baking pans.


Bake uncovered at 300 degrees for 20 - 25 mins or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 mins. Cool. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio