Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Tuesday

Here's a Tip Tuesday

I'm a firm believer in the thought that we should be life-long learners. Because of this, I like to read about different things pertaining to health and fitness, saving money, crafts, finances, and anything else I find interesting at the moment. So on "Here's a Tip Tuesday" I'll share an interesting tidbit I stumbled across this week.

Did you know that avocados can lower your cholesterol because of the healthy fats it contains? Avocados contain more soluble fiber and protein than any other fruit, and half a medium avocado provides more potassium than a banana.

When I pick up an avocado at the store I feel like I have to gobble it up right away or else it'll get all yucky and brown. I was excited to find out how I can keep my avocados fresher longer.

TIP:
1. To prevent a sliced avocado from turning brown in the refrigerator, remove the seed and spray the flesh with cooking spray, then wrap in plastic. Use within 3 days.
2. You can save an avocado for up to 4 months by mashing them with 1/2 tablespoon lemon or lime per avocado and placing it in an airtight container in the freezer.
(source:Food Cures by Reader's Digest)

I hope you find this interesting too. Follow me if you'd like to get my tips every Tuesday. :)

(Please be patient with me. I'm a complete novice and I'm trying to figure out how to add a 3rd column to my blog. As you can see I was successful in adding the 3rd column,(see all of the blank space over there? ------> now I have to figure out how to move it to the left side of my blog. If I'm successful then maybe it'll be a future post on a Tuesday! Cross your fingers!)

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio