Want My Button?

Blog Button

My Etsy Shop

On The Lookout For...

- Antique fans
- Vintage buttons
- Milk glass
- Antique Ball jars
- Vintage fabric
- Vintage coffee filters

Thanks For Featuring Me!

Search This Blog

Saturday

Wrestling with the sewing machine

I haven't busted out my sewing machine in quite sometime. I thought I broke it when I tried to use it to do some stitching on a card for my grandmother. It took me 3 days to figure out what was wrong with it. I'm definitely not a natural when it comes to sewing. Well, I finally figured it out my problums and used these instructions to make these in one evening.

I have to say that sewing these pillows is pretty simple. The most difficult part for me is cutting the fabric. I'm always afraid that I'm going to cut it all crooked.

My mother is an awesome, talented quilter and I'm embarrassed to say that I did not inherit her sewing genes. Here's the most recent quilt she's blessed me with. I have to say, it's my absolute fave! I just love the vibrant colors!

I love the detail on the quilting.

I even love the border fabric she used.


And here's the contrast. If you were to look really closely at the back of my pillows, you'd notice that I can't even sew a straight line.

LOL Oh well. I really like them. It's amazing what pillows can do to a blah brown couch.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio